Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 - Bells Pale Ale

Today's show was sort of a side-show to the Friday the 13th Valentine's Day spectacular Danger Boy versus Cupid circus. I listened all morning through arm wrestling, dizzy-bat and even the "half-pound of candy hearts in your mouth" contest to get to the beer segment. In the end I'm not sure who won, but I can tell you that cupid was apparently NOT a natural blond, and danger boy excelled at contests that involved putting things in his mouth. Probably too much information this early in the morning.

Our beer of the day was Bells Pale Ale. Now I'll admit when Chip mentioned the beer of the day originating in Comstock, MI; I got all excited to hear how the guys would react to Hopslam. When they started talking Pale Ale, I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I like Bell's Pale Ale, but when held side-by-side with the likes of Hopslam or even Two-Hearted Ale, it "pales" in comparison. Then to my surprise, Chip pulled out a Hopslam. Once again, I get all excited, but alas they never opened it. They talked about the high ABV, the rarity, the honey...but no poppy the toppy and no drinky the beer. What gives guys?
I haven't been in the habit of timing the show, but my seat-of-the-pants meter is telling me the Chip segment is getting shorter and shorter. Today I felt like they barely even drank the Pale Ale before the show was over. Guys is this just a result of the live segments that Chip was mixed into this week or is the show being shortened? Or was it simply that the drunkard Ruthie was feigning illness to stay out of the cold, so the show ended up shorter with out her inebriated chatter (I kid!)?
In any case it was nice to hear another plug for Purvs, Sabatinis, Jessup Beverage and even the Backyard Ale House, and always enjoyable to talk Bell's beers.
Cheers guys....

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).