Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 - Guinness 250

It's week one of the Rock 107 small town tour. This week takes us to Jessup, and what better way to kick off the Jessup fireman's festival than to have CBG International Beer Week. Woot woot..

Yes I'm kidding. After a brief discussion of the damage that occurred to the CBG special beer suitcase, we're off to the international beers. I should mention that Mrs. Beerbuzz and I also have a special beer suitcase, only we call ours "luggage." We also have the special packaging compartments with the special foam, only we call our foam, "clothes."


Yes I'm kidding. Our first international beer is Peroni Grand Reserva, a 6.6% strong lager that I've actually had in my belly. I'm not sure I'd call it memorable, but the guys were right...for a Peroni beer or an Italian beer, it was very drinkable. Now before you jump down the beerbuzz throat, I only mean that Italy and Peroni are not known for making the styles of beer I typically enjoy.


Our second international beer of the day was Forst. Very confusing heritage to say the least. The bottle script seemed Austrian and the brewery Italian with a .bz web address which is Belize. A little googling shows that it is an Italian brewery with Austrian roots. Since the beer sounded to be not-so-hot, we'll leave it at that.


Finally our beer of the week (available at our very own Krugel's Georgetown Deli & Beer--and the sponsor of CBG) was Guinness 250. This new stout was brewed and named in commemoration of the 250th anniversary of Arthur Guinness signing a 9000-year lease on the St. James Gate, Dublin brewery property. I was lucky enough to share some with Charlie Dugan last week @ Dugan's, and found it to be a tasty little stout. I'm a big fan of regular Guinness, but only in Ireland. In the states, for whatever reason it tastes a bit watery & bitter to me. In Dublin the taste was creamy and sweet. Guinness 250 for my taste buds comes a step closer to the Irish version. Guinness 250 is Co2 charged (not nitro) and feels slightly sweeter, facts all reinforced by the guys as they tasted it on CBG.


Finally I decided that rather than posting a picture of the Guinness 250 label, that a photo I took of St. James Gate itself would be more appropriate. This is from a trip I did several years ago to Dublin....cheers guys!

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).