Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 - Port Brewing Panzer

SanDiegoJune2008 185 SanDiegoJune2008 180

So let me confess up front that my Friday morning humor-gauge is running on empty.  After two weeks of trying to get our furnace “cleaned”, after two vacation days wasted on cancelled appointments and after FINALLY getting our furnace “cleaned” yesterday, we of course wake up this Friday the 13th morning to NO HEAT!       Good times…

Anyway, perhaps a beer will cheer me up…so on to the show.  Today’s German beer of the week was Weihenstephaner Vitus Weizenbock…a tasty little beverage and one that we love to pronounce (not!).  You’d be amazed at the pronunciations I’ve heard for Weihenstephaner and the guys even chatted up how to pronounce the name.  Short of Duchesse de Bourgogne, this one is one of the hardest…wait I take that back.  One of the beers I’m considering for this weeks Back Yard Ale House is actually called Jandrain-Jandrenouille IV Saison…say THAT 3-times fast.

Our real beer of the day comes from one of my favorite west coast breweries, Port Brewing.  Today the guys tasted the Port Brewing Panzer Imperial Pilsner…a light little 10% bomb of a beer and quite tasty to my non-Lager-loving palate.  Port Brewing is the sister brewery to Lost Abbey and is a location I’ve actually visited several times myself for their Real Ale festivals.  Port (or Pizza Port as their restaurants and bottle shops are know) have three locations, Cardiff, Solana Beach and the big restaurant and bottle shop in Carlsbad.  These guys make some really interesting beers and as the host of the Real Ale Festivals, they have quite a few rarities on tap.  The photos above show the bottle shop entrance and the rear of Port Brewing facility in Carlsbad, CA.

OK so that cheered me up a little thinking about warm California weather…but I still have NO HEAT!

Cheers (to everyone but my furnace company).

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).