Horny Goat - Don’t Let The Name Fool You : Horny Blonde & Exposed Cream Ale

image


I’ve been enjoying my way through a sample box sent to me by Horny Goat Brewing… (You can read about…Hopped Up & Horny IPA & Chocolate Cherry Stout and Brownie Porter & Stacked Milk Stout) and today we decided to sample two more.  Once again I remind you not to get fooled by the name.  Horny Goat may have an interesting marketing angle on their beer names, but the beers have been solid. 
image
Today we sampled their Horny Blonde Lager and their Exposed Cream Ale.  These are probably the two most innocent of offerings from Horny Goat as far as flavor profile is concerned.  Horny Blonde is a very traditional German-style lager and while it’s not a style I’d consider myself an expert in, I believe this beer will have pretty strong appeal, especially to someone moving toward craft beer.  Horny Blonde is a pale lager with a really clean mouthfeel and a slightly hoppy finish.  I can picture this one working really well as the weather grows warm and it’s one lager-lovers will really enjoy.
image
Exposed Cream Ale uses traditional cream ale pale malt and wheat malt but they add in oats for a smooth mouthfeel.  Exposed has the feel of a session ale and seems like another beer that someone making the move to better beer would enjoy.  Exposed Cream Ale had a cleaner finish than I expected, but at warmer temperatures, wasn’t tasting quite as dry as I would have expected.  The good news is you’re likely to enjoy Exposed Cream Ale enough that it will be gone before it gets to a warmer temp.  All in all a very nice example of a Cream Ale. 

Check these Horny Goat brews out for yourself and you’ll see what I mean when I say, “Don’t let the name fool you.”
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).